Monday, February 11, 2013

Wow. Day 39.

Ok. so yeah, its been like two weeks. i'm sorry. Here's a little bit of what i did (the highlights/ things i remember) from since my last post:
Jan 28th, FHE we walked all the way up campus in the dark and then hiked through knee deep snow that surrounds the baseball stadium and got ourselves on a hill and slid down in the massive amounts of snow that was present. but no, we didnt have sleds. we went good old poor starving college student status and slid on cardboard boxes that were covered in black garbage bags. it actually worked pretty well. but it was really cold!
Jan 29th, No Comm class. woot
Jan 31st  no comm class again, but we had to attend this thing called "college summit" instead of class. and well.. it was still snowy, and i inadvertently parked in a "motor cycle" parking spot and got a ticket for it. which i contested on the grounds that there was no way for me to know for sure that was a motorcycle parking spot. in fact, after leaving the spot, i circled around for 20 min and caught 3 more people trying to park there! so of course i warned them. but i also got their phone numbers so i could have them testify in my defense. the verdict is still out. ticket was only $10, but its about principle! hopefully the school decides they dont need my money THAT bad. if they do, then i'll donate it. but to be sleazy like that... no bueno.
Feb 1st, i went to Idaho falls to deposit my check FINALLY! and Went and shopped at Winco. Since i was off campus i got to wear my concealed carry, which was comforting since there was some sketch stuff going on at the hair salon and at winco. oH, got my hair cut. Then went home and had some fabulous homemade pizza per Will :)
Feb2nd We went lazer tagging! Will and i were going to go with a huge group. but they bailed. so we went with Ben Steig. who apparently is a master at the game and helped us win each time. we played 3 games in an hour. and on our third game we ran into Jamie Meese, A sister who served her mission with me!  That was neat to get to see her and catch up with her. we all hit up a shake place called "Sammie's". i got to give her and her roommates a ride home afterwards and SHE gave me HER number. :) WIN!
Feb3rd was the superbowl. I rooted for the 49ers partially cuz of Mr Carroll. and partially cuz Will was rooting for the Ravens. It was pretty intense. I made some SWEET guacamole, which everyone inhaled, and then i made bean dip. which also was inhaled! made me feel good  :) Too bad 49ers lost. but oh WHAT A GOOD GAME!
Feb4th Brought the day that i made sure i was going to buy new G's and all new Whites. i washed a pair of shorts with my whites and they all turned blue. :( its ok though. it was about time to buy new stuff. which i did a few days later. 
it was also the day that the girls from apt 24 pranked our upstairs neighbor, Logan, for the second time. the first time a few days earlier, they put a dead frog in what looked like tin foil covered brownies, and wrote his name on it. i still remember that day there were ppl upstairs that squealed like girls. well he claimed this "wasnt good enough" and that he simply wasnt going to do anything back for that reason. so they took a picture of him, and posted it all over town with his number and saying he was looking for a date. he received many txt messages in the days that followed.
Feb 6th I went in and did my taxes. i'll be getting back more than $1500 WOOT WOOT!
Feb 8th i took my American foundations exam and got a 67% :( but luckily he graded on a curve and it bumped it to a 73% !!! i also decided it was time to go into the health center and see what they had to say about my cough that wasnt getting any better. I'd had this cough for a LONG time, but recently it became worse (well not really worse, but rather, more frequent) i'd end up coughing 2-8 times an hour! and especially when i went to the theater, or during tests, or when i'm trying to sleep. UGH! he said it could be because of my heart burn, or it could be because of allergies??  SO i'm taking meds for both, right now my heartburn isnt so bad, i think my cough is getting less frequent.. but i'm still not sure. anyways.. he said give it 2 weeks to a MONTH! geeeeezeeeeeee.! my nasal spray stuff smells like roses though. haha
This was also the friday that we went with the girls from 24 (Jana, Kailie, Julia) and Emily, and Will, and we went to the improv show called "Academy of Comedy" it was hilarious! and i was proud to have some of my ideas (from when they said "audience, name us ___" or "give us an idea for ___" ) in their skits. 
Saturday (since my hw was basically done and all my tests were out of the way) i REALLY wanted to go on a date or something. but last minute doesnt give you very many opportunities to ask people face to face. so i texted a bunch of ppl, asking how they were, getting a feel for if they could do anything. no one could, finally Rachel (from CG back at home) txted back and we planned out to go ice skating with her and her roommates. I drove over to her place, and parked in an open spot not planning on staying long. and 35min later when we were finally ready to leave , i got to my car and it was BOOTED! gah! so i called the number so the guys would come take it off. and i tried desperately to get him to let me off with a warning. but to no avail. had to pay the fine and got it taken off almost 20 min later. 
BUT! not to damper the outing, we went to Rigby and ice skated there for a while. it was fun. got to know her roommates better, and mostly Laura, who's birthday was the day previous. They are all pretty chill girls. Def need to hang out with them more. 
Sunday i was simply not having a good day. Started off getting out of bed late. luckily i got to church during the sacrament hymn. couldnt sleep afterwards during my nap. ended up watching a movie or something waiting for 7 to roll around when we were supposed to have a "sweetswap" with the girls from our ward. Will had previously said he was going to make cookies. so naturally when he wasnt home and hadnt started them i got nervous. txted him, and was about to make them myself, but i didnt know where all the ingredients were, who's i could use, and if we even had them all, so i told him i couldnt do that for him. he got upset, and consequently put me in a bad mood. so i made bean dip to try and cheer myself up, and cuz i was hungry and at this point now had a headache. well.. 7 something rolls around and 3 girls show up, and we didnt have any sweets. and so we all went to the other guy apt that was with us (next door) and hung out there a bit. they didnt really have sweets either, Jello i think. i went home and started watching documentaries about wild animals on netflix, and came down with a migraine. i tried to control it. Told Gio's Sis about my bad day, and she came over to try and cheer me up. helped a little, but still had this killer headache. 11 something rolls around and after spewing out of one end, i puked my guts out. and then i tried to hit the hay. could NOT get comfortable. my back kept hurting. but eventually the day was over.
Today i wanted to have a better day. So bacon and eggs for breakfast naturally. Will and i didnt talk much, but eventually we both pretended like nothing happened and we're good again. (isnt that how a great friendship is supposed to work? plus, didnt we get in a tissy fit over nothing??) Got my math done, my science, and got started on my American foundations class so i dont have to try and do it all on wednesday and fail the quiz. (see ? i'm learning!) went to walmart and bough buttons for my suit jacket, and the necessities ; Bread, milk, eggs. I'm so proud of myself (though i'm not going to the gym, which i should change) i still have yet to break down and buy oreos, or chips. i think thats a WIN! but boy oh boy do i miss it. in fact at the store 2 different people had mentioned it to me. weird .. and even tonight i turned down ice cream at fhe! FHE we had a mini male pageant we called "Mr. Elite" me and about 13 other guys dressed up in our suits and strutted our stuff, answered 2 questions and did a talent. My questions were "whats ur favorite Christ-like attribute, and why" all the ones i wanted to say were taken, so i just said ... "All of themmm" my second question was something like "what do you look for in a girl?" to which i answered something like .. good testimony and can cook. i then juggled hard boiled eggs, and they dropped and the audience was scared for a sec that the eggs werent hard boiled. it was pretty funny. All in all the night was good. we werent actually competing against each other, but each guy got awarded a prize, i'm still unclear which one was mine, since we have two Nathans. one was "Mr. Unexpected Elite" which the other Nathan claimed since he ended up singing in some weird high pitched gargley voice kinda way. which makes sense, but no one expected me to drop the eggs and then not have them splatter ? idk but it makes more sense than the one that i claimed which was "Mr fabulously fruity Elite" .. i wore my pink tie and a belt buckle? the other Nathan was meant to receive this cuz to his question of what kind of cereal he'd be he answered berry colossal crunch. cuz its fruity.. oh well. it was fun. I found out that my question about what i look for in a girl was submitted by one of the girls i hometeach, Liesl. She told me she submitted it, and it wasnt a satisfactory answer. so when i got home i wrote a solid 2.5 paragraphs about what i look for in my future wife and sent it to her on facebook. it sparked a short conversation. she said she was impressed with my answer. :)
Now i'm going to get to bed semi early / on time! 
Oh, and i'm awesome at parking. There is in my parking lot a war over the corner closest to the building. tonight i literally had inches to squeeze between these two cars that never like giving enough space, and had John check to make sure i was lined up good and wouldnt hit them. AND I WAS! he didnt even have to redirect me. No worries about car doors or anything. i'm diagonal and in farther than them, and they always leave before me in the morning. 
Time for bed. 
PHWEW!